Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my first blog....

as i wonder what my first blog is suppose to entail... i sit and wonder... then wonder too much.... part of my personality.... i over analyze when i have too many choices... hence either doing everything or nothing at all... that's me... all or nothing..and it's usually all... as i embark on the year 2009... many promising changes begin to flash in my mind... turning the big three-0, my son beginning first grade....the new and wonderful experiences that are already unfolding....well lets back up for an intro....



In January 2006 Aaron and I moved to Phoenix in search of new and bigger things ...and found ourselves lost amongst the faces in the valley... feelings of doubt overcame us... but we decided to just jump in!!! no looking... little to no preparation... but the promise that we were going to do it together...we lived a year in the outskirts of phoenix... in a small developing site called Tramanto... soon we became acclimated to the whole city thing and moved smack-dab into the heart of Phoenix.... a little anxious but the payouts were exponential...i would gain 10+ hours of family time (rather than commuting)!!! And not to mention the cost involved with the then rising gas price.....

So I find myself today extremely blessed....with a husband...a five year old son.... one dog and a cat everyone is dying to take... a job i love... and a social network i am comfortable with....who knew two years ago i would be here.... ahhh... **reflecting**
Moving to the valley has allowed me to experience and learn the following:
1. rear-ending a person can lead to PTSD....yes i did that!
2. owning a COACH purse is a staple not a choice!
3. flagstaff-wear has to be secretly disowned...
4. don't just go to any old church that sends you a cute postcard! *i can explain*
5. carrying a new nalgene water bottle goes completely unnoticed..
6. holidays are so much more celebrated and decorated!!!
7. the state fair is so over-rated!

That's it for now... i will update as i adjust and notice....

1 comment:

  1. My baby has grown up.........even her vocabulary.
    When she and her family moved to the big metropolis of Phoenix, she took my heart with her. First, my only grandchild....THAT WAS LIKE HAVING MY HEART WRENCHED OUT OF MY BODY.Second...suddenly we were "homeless" when we went to Flagstaff. No "free" place to stay! Then, her first home on the edge of Phoenix was easy to find (it really was in the boonies). Then she gets a wild hair and moves like she said "smack dab in the middle of Phoenix!" I can see the changes that living in the city has had on her. One change is "being in the 400 hundred club." What is that mind you? That she said was buying a COACH purse with a price tag of $400.00 dollars!!!! Talk about leaving something in your underwear! With all the changes she's gone through, she reminds me of a character in Sophie Kinsella's latest book. Despite all my complaining, the move was good for them. My sweetheart grandson was allowed to enter kindergarten based on test results that indentified him as "gifted". (I knew he was a special little boy. He was my grandson, for heavensake!)My son-in-law has decided to continue his education, as there are many schools to choose from. Last, but not least, they have found a church that is teaching them to grow spiritually. Bottom line, now we have a "free" place to stay when we visit. Love you all dearly, NANA

    ReplyDelete